40 Something/365 - A Love/Hate Feeling For My Aircard

7:57 AM / Comments (0) / by Heather

This is a story all about an aircard. And how this picture came to be. You see, (and I know I've whined about this before), I live on 7 acres in the country, with nothing but woods and cornfields all around me. (I live in the state known for corn and basketball, can you guess it?) Anyway, in most ways this is bliss. Except for geeks like me who *depend* on internet access. And let me tell you, the options are very very limited on my road. Which leads me to the aircard. My service provider provisions me 5 gig of data through-put per month (which is common for aircards). My daughter can use this much on Stardolls. The consequence of going over is a capped data through-put for the following month. What does this mean for me? Every other month is a capped month. And when my month is capped, my SL existence is mostly clouds and bald spots. In fact, this picture was taken around December 9th, and it's the last time I've seen my avatar. I still log in and go about my merry way, and surprisingly textures render pretty well, but sculpts - forget it. So instead of having a month without pictures, I decided - what the heck. We've all been clouds and suffered baldness. Oh! One last thing: Coming soon - My new strategy for inventory control, and my new mission to be in control of it. Stay tuned! lol!


This actually was a good day, as most of the trees and furniture indeed rezzed for me. It's been downhill since then. Pay no attention to the Sex and Zen mags.