How Do I Love Thee?

11:58 AM / Comments (1) / by Heather

Let me count the ways in which I love Costa Rica Sims!
  • I love my parcel. This has been my home for the entire 10 months of my CRS residency. No sand for me thanks, I want green grass and trees. Gian found something for me right next to a rainforest, which for this Midwestern girl, is NPIRL! Most of my sim neighbors have been around longer than I. (Hi Anika, Alex and Ruffie!) Other sim neighbors have come and gone, but remain friends. (Hi to you too, Stokely and Maurice!) Anika and I have actually connected our parcels with a winding stone walkway. I think we share the same sentiment: We enjoy showing off our labors of love. So visitors and non-residents: Feel free to use my pixel pool! I don’t care! I won’t ban you! J (Now my skybox, on the other hand, is equipped with a lovely security orb – I’m not 100% free-will.)




  • Why did 57 NEW residents called CRS home in July? Could it be the immersive beauty everywhere you look? From rainforest, shopping, beaches, boating, scuba, YOU NAME IT, the standard for realism is unsurpassed. There’s a reason residents don’t terraform at CRS.You can’t maintain such a high standard for design when you let residents like ME use the terraform tools. (Right Pippi?) And what would Rawly do without my bi-weekly ping? “Hi Rawly – Don’t shoot but…” I’m quite sure I make his day.

  • I love thee to the depth and breadth and height. And you will love it too, if you attend the 1stAnnual Costa Rica Sims Regatta on September 12th. The marina is breathtaking. Wear something sailor-ish – you’ll want to take snaps.


  • Five national parks?! Are you serious? That would be a yes. CRS offers five different national parks, based on the rl counterparts in Costa Rica. Volcan Tenorio National Park is my neighbor, and also my favorite park at CRS. Numerous rivers, waterfalls and wildlife abound, making this a great place for pictures, quiet time or simply exploring and listening to nature.

  • I love being just a few sims away from an amazing shopping district, (over 40 stores). And I love the atmosphere of this marketplace. It’s eye candy.

  • In the real life Costa Rica, Las Baulas National Park is a nesting site for the Leatherback turtle. Here the Leatherbacks are protected from poaching. And in SL, Las Baulas also supports the Leatherback. In July, $L4,590 was collected for the rl Leatherback Turtle Campaign.


  • How can a 60 sim estate maintain 98.7% occupancy during a global recession? How can they continue to add sims, residents and stores each month during this suffering economy?It’s about having the real-life entrepreneurial and management skills that our estate owner can translate into this virtual world. Having impeccable bookkeeping is another reason. No $L1 parcels for sale here, and that’s ok. Because we know that’s a sign of a house of cards – one wrong move and the whole structure collapses. An Executive Team that is always looking for opportunities and always at the beck-and-call of CRS residents… Yep, that’s part of it, too.Not to mention community-building events hosted by the Costa Rica Ladies’ Society as well as group chat that’s not too chatty, but always helpful and always entertaining. Pictured below in the background is the Estate Mansion.


  • And finally, (I’m such a simple girl to please), I love this darn Taxi hud! I permanently wear this hud and use it all the time. The Taxi hud offers teleports to 35 different map points across CRS. It’s copy/transfer so ping me inworld if you want one.

    Check out the website for more pictures, Resident Resources, Land For Sale, and the monthly status report. Because there are 100s of reasons to love Costa Rica Sims not mentioned here: horseback riding, Club E-Co, the cattle farm, Estate Mansion, white water rafting, and whale watching just to name a few. Happy day!